Friday, March 27, 2015

DIY Peeps Easter Coasters Another Coaster Friday

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

After doing my Big Peep Plushie video, I was asked to do a Peeps coaster.  How could I resist!  I'll show you how to make these cute coasters!


You will need:

-  Coaster mold
-  Resin (I used Easy Cast, but Envirotex Lite would work just as well)
-  Green confetti
-  Green glitter
-  Pictures of Peeps - I printed mine using a laser printer
-  Super Gloss Mod Podge


Here are some items available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:





Here is the video tutorial:




Directions:
1.  Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2.  Mix in glitter and confetti.
3.  Pour into mold and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
4.  Print out pictures of Peeps.  I use a laser printer and cardstock.  Once I cut it out, I like to use a black permanent market and run it along the cut out edge.
5.  Brush the Mod Podge all over the coaster.  Brush onto the back of the picture.  Put the picture on the coaster and add another layer over the whole coaster.  Allow to dry between coats.  Add one or two more coats.
6.  When the Mod Podge has COMPLETELY dried, prepare more resin.  Pour over the coasters and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona




No comments: