To stay up on the latest, be sure to
I was asked for more concrete or cement crafts, so this is what I came up with! Stay tuned for more to come!! This craft is so easy, you can get the kids involved in placing the stones in the concrete. It makes a great housewarming gift, hostess gift, or Mother's Day gift!!
- Coaster mold
- Concrete or cement
- Floral stones
Here is the coaster mold available through Amazon:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your cement or concrete, according to the package directions. My mix called for one part water to four parts cement mix. I used 1/4 cup of water to 1 cup of mix and I had more than enough to create these coasters. In fact, I had a little too much.
2. Once mixed, pour a thin layer into the bottoms of the coasters.
3. Take your floral stones and press them into the concrete/cement. Test the stones with a glass or jar, to make sure they are pressed in and flat as can be.
4. My mix called for a spritz of water, but again follow the directions on your package.
5. Allow to cure and remove from mold.
That is it!! Easy as can be and they look great and are durable. If you don't want to use them as coasters, you could have them in your garden to add some color.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!