To stay up on the latest, be sure to
Are you ready for a twist on the nail polish stones DIY! I was sent a message from Kimbala, who saw a video where you crack round marbles in the the oven. She asked if it would work with the flat backed clear stones. I had no idea, but I HAD to give it a try!! Here is how they turned out!
- Clear stones (you can find them at Dollar Tree or at craft stores, in the floral department)
- Nail polish
- Glitter (optional)
- Ring blanks or jewelry bails
- Glue (Weldbond works well)
- Cold water and ice
- Oven proof pan or dish
Here are some items available through Amazon, which might help (affiliate links):
Here is the video tutorial:
1. You want to start with cracking the stones. To crack the stones, heat the oven to 500 degrees fahrenheit. Place the glass stones in an oven safe pan or dish. Place into oven for 20 minutes.
2. While it is in the oven, prepare a bowl of cold tap water and add some ice.
3. Once 20 minutes have passed, immediately put the hot glass pieces in the cold water. Allow pieces to cool.
4. Once cooled and dried, it is time to add the nail polish. Use any mixture of nail polish, glitter polish and/or fine glitter and add to the back of the stone. You will be working only on the back of the stones.
5. Use inexpensive or leftover nail polish to create your own one-of-a-kind masterpieces. Layer the colors and glitter and make them beautiful!
6. Allow the polish to dry between coats.
7. Once you let the polish fully dry, glue on a jewelry bail and/or ring blank.
Now you have jewelry!!!
Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe and Happy Crafting!