To stay up on the latest, be sure to
I took apart an old printer and saved the gears and springs to make a coaster!
You will need:
- Coaster mold
- Resin (I used Easy Cast, but Envirotex Lite works too)
- Gears, springs, or parts
Here are some items from Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. If you take a printer or something apart, wash and dry the parts to remove any oil.
2. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
3. Pour a little into the bottom of your mold and remove bubbles with your lighter.
4. Take your parts and drop them into the resin and make sure they are all covered.
5. Place the resin covered pieces into the mold.
6. Remove bubbles as needed and then let it sit for a few hours.
7. Prepare some more resin and pour it over the coaster to make sure all the pieces are embedded and you have a level surface.
8. Remove bubbles as needed and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
9. Unmold it and now you have a cool new coaster.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!!