To stay up on the latest, be sure to
I wanted make some easy concrete candleholders and decided to go with a beachy look.
You will need:
- Concrete or cement from home improvement store or hardware store
- Molds - plastic containers, such as yogurt containers or plastic cups
- White acrylic paint
- Glass stones - you can find them in the floral department at craft stores
- Clear drying glue, I used Weldbond
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Find some containers and make sure they are clean and dry.
2. Mix concrete according to the directions on the package it came in.
3. Pour into the containers and tap the containers on your table, to help release air bubbles.
4. When a stir stick stands in the cement/concrete, add your candles. Press them right into the wet cement/concrete. You can add some Vaseline to the candles to help them release easier.
5. Allow to set for a while, until it holds it shape. Then, you can remove your candles and allow it to fully dry.
6. Once dry, take some white acrylic paint and water it down. Brush it onto the concrete and take a paper towel and wipe it off. You just want to give it whitewashed look. You can do it with any color.
7. Once the paint has dried, glue on your stones in any design you want.
That's it! Light your candles and have a party. They are inexpensive to make and would be perfect for any decor, or perfect for a wedding!
Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe and Happy Crafting!