Amazon

AD

Monday, May 11, 2015

DIY Beachy Vases or Votives Dollar Store Makeover Craft Klatch






I wrote a book! 
Be sure to pick up your copy today!!




To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!





I bought these glass votive holders, but they could also be vases.  I found them at Dollar Tree and wanted to give them an easy beachy makeover.  If you watch my channel, you know I love anything beachy!

If you don't have a Dollar Tree nearby, you can find what you need on Amazon:
-  Glass votives:  http://amzn.to/2lXxjr5
-  Martha Stewart frost glass paint:  http://amzn.to/2lXzomM
-  Makeup sponges:  http://amzn.to/2mbTvK8


Here is a sampler pack of the paints available on Amazon, otherwise they should be available at your craft store:

Here is the video tutorial:

 



Directions:
  1. First I cleaned them with a little rubbing alcohol, to make sure there weren’t any oils or grease to prevent the paint from sticking.
  2. I used Martha Stewart Frost glass paint, in different colors.
  3. Using makeup sponges, also from the dollar store, I dabbed a thin layer on the entire outer surface.  I had my hand on the inside of the vase, so I wouldn’t smudge the paint while working.  Once covered, I let it dry.
  4. Once dry, I repeated with a total of four thin coats.
  5. You can leave them to dry and they become permanent in a couple of weeks, or you can put them in the oven to set the color sooner!

Now you have your beachy, frosty votives or vases to brighten up your decor!  Think summer parties, weddings, summer decor! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting and stay safe!


Mona



Other Dollar Store Crafts that you might enjoy:






No comments: