To stay up on the latest, be sure to
I wanted to try preserving some pictures for a fun coaster and a unique way to display your vacation photos!
You will need:
- Coaster mold
- Resin - I used Easy Cast, but Envirotex Lite would work too!
- Transparency film for laser printers
- Laser printer (you can go to a Kinkos or office supply store and they may be able to print them for you).
Here are some items available through Amazon, incase you want to give it a try:
- I started with vacation pictures and printed them on a transparency film using a laser printer. Try not to touch the images, you don’t want to get finger prints on them.
- I cut them into circles using a circle cutter, but you could trace a circle and cut it with scissors. The circle cutter didn’t cut all the way through, I had to follow up with scissors. I cut them just smaller than the mold cavity.
- I prepared my resin. I used Easy Cast, but Envirotex Lite would work too.
- I poured it into the molds. I prepared 3 ounces of resin total.
- Once the resin is in the mold, I gave it a minute or two before using a lighter to pop the bubbles.
- Then, I carefully slid the pictures into the resin.
- Using my stir stick, I pressed them down, making sure I press all the bubbles out from under the pictures.
- I again popped bubbles.
- Then, it’s time to let them cure, a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!