To stay up on the latest, be sure to
This is an easy craft to make for Mom, so kids and Dads can totally rock this DIY!
You will need:
- Unfinished box
- Flower stencil
- Stencil brush
- Pink, green, white and black acrylic paint
- Round magnet
- Floral stone
- Skewer stick
Here is the video tutorial:
- Buy an unfinished box at a craft store. Paint it with magnetic paint. You can use either the spray paint or brush on. I did the brush on. It is very important to shake your paint before using, or stir if you are using the brush on. I did two coats on the top of the lid and inside the lid. You can do three, if you want. Allow to dry.
- Paint the box any color, I used a light green - again I did two coats. Allow to dry.
- Stencil a flower on top of the box, I used pink, with a white center.
- I then took a skewer stick and did little black polka dots along the outside edge of the flower.
- I did pink and black polka dots along the edge of the lid.
- I stenciled MOM on the side of the box with pink and added black polka dots.
- I took a white floral stone and glued it to a magnet. That is the signal. If the stone is on top, Mom knows there is a note in the box. When she reads the note, she puts the stone back in the box. That way, she doesn’t have to keep checking to see if there is a note in the box.
Another fun idea would be to use clear stones and with pictures of the kids' faces, or dad's face. That way, the person who put a note in the box can select their picture, and put it in the middle of the flower, so Mom knows who put it in there.
Here is the tutorial on the Picture Stone Magnets:
That's it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!