To stay up on the latest, be sure to
You will need:
- Resin (I used EasyCast resin for this project, but Envirotex Lite would work too.)
- Sharpie markers
- Rubbing alcohol
- Skewer stick or Q-tip
- Coaster Mold
Here is the video tutorial:
- I prepared some resin - according to the package directions- and poured it in the mold. I allowed it to cure. You only need a thin base for the bottom.
- I took different colors of Sharpie permanent markers and scribbled on the resin.
- Taking a skewer stick, I dipped it into some rubbing alcohol and dripped it on various places on the colored resin. I let some sit and others I swirled. You will have very little control on how the design comes out, so just let it go. I do suggest that the more marker you have on there, the more vibrant the colors will be.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Prepare more resin, according to the package directions. To make both these coasters, I used approximately two ounces of resin for each total.
- Pop bubbles as needed and allow to cure.
That’s it! Unmold them and you have some fun and beautiful coasters!!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!
Here are some of the items available through Amazon: