To stay up on the latest, be sure to
Time for another collab!! Today I teamed up with Linda, from Mommy Crafts A Lot! Linda is a master bow maker and dollar store enthusiast! We decided to each make something crafted with items from Dollar Tree. We could use glue, glitter and paint from other sources if needed, otherwise it was Dollar Tree all the way!
I think we did pretty well!
I made a Princess Mirror!
Linda made an ADORABLE Summer Pool Noodle Wreath!!!
Be sure to check out Linda's YouTube Channel and I'll have all her links later in this post!
As for the Princess Mirror, here is what you will need (all items, except for glue were bought at Dollar Tree - not a sponsor):
- Four children's necklaces in pink and purple
- One rectangular mirror
- One bunch of pink flowers
- One package of purple flowers (2 butterflies)
- One tiara, comes with the wand
- Glue - I did a combo of hot glue and The Ultimate Glue
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Open the necklace and trim off the white plastic piece where they connect.
2. Using hot glue, tack an end purple bead to the corner of the mirror and let it set. That will tack down your end piece, so the necklace won't move while the other glue is drying.
3. Using a toothpick, skewer stick or popsicle stick, apply glue along the edge of the mirror, to about midway, and then attach the middle piece with hot glue, again to tack it in place. The Ultimate glue will dry clear and have a strong bond, but make sure the beads are touching the glue so they will stick. Continue on and at the end of that side of the mirror, tack the last bead with a dot of hot glue. Continue around the whole mirror.
4. Repeat with the pink necklaces on the inside of the purple beads. I cut the pink necklace into shorter lengths to make it easier to place and work with.
5. Once everything is secure, take your tiara and cut it. I used wire cutters and it cut very easily, so it would stick out from the mirror, but attach flat. You can see what I mean in the video, or the picture at the top. TIP: Before attaching the tiara, look at the back of the mirror to make sure you are attaching it to the correct end. The mirror should have hooks on the back, so you know which way it will hang.
6. Then add your want, your butterflies and your flowers. I attached all of the items with a combination of hot glue and The Ultimate Glue.
7. Allow everything to dry.
Now hang the mirror for your little princess!
Here is Linda's video tutorial:
Here are Linda's links, so be sure to find her and check out her channel and her website!
Here are Mommy Crafts A Lot links and be sure to subscribe to one or more of her channels and check out her blog:
Check it out on her blog: http://www.themommycraftsalotblog.com
Her other channel: http://www.youtube.com/mommychatsalot
Her vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thevlogsalotfamily
I hope you enjoyed our projects and let us know what you think!
Happy Crafting and stay safe!