To stay up on the latest, be sure to
We are deep into wedding season, so I thought I'd make a couple of wedding coasters.
You will need:
- Laser printer, or you can have a copy store copy your image onto the transparency film
- Circle cutter (optional)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix two ounces of resin and add some white pigment ink. The two ounces should be enough to create a base for both coasters.
2. Pour into the mold.
3. Pop bubbles. I typically use a lighter, but it can leave a smokey look on the white coaster. So I used a straw and blew on the resin and that pops the bubbles. It takes longer, but it works.
4. I let it sit a minimum of 12 hours.
5. I printed out the words Mr and Mrs onto transparency film and cut them out with my circle cutter.
6. I prepared two more ounces of resin and poured it into each cavity - on top of the white. I popped the bubbles and then slid the transparency film into the resin.
7. Using my stir stick, pressed down the transparency film, making sure to press all the bubbles out from under it.
8. Pop bubbles and let sit for a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!