Amazon

AD

Friday, July 17, 2015

Wedding Coasters DIY - Another Coaster Friday

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 

You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!



Low Price Guarantee on Personalized Wedding Favors

We are deep into wedding season, so I thought I'd make a couple of wedding coasters.

You will need:

-  Resin - I use Easy Cast or Envirotex Lite
-  Laser printer, or you can have a copy store copy your image onto the transparency film
-  Circle cutter (optional)


I've written a book! 
Be sure to pick up your copy today!!




Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:
1.  Mix two ounces of resin and add some white pigment ink.  The two ounces should be enough to create a base for both coasters.
2.  Pour into the mold.
3.  Pop bubbles.  I typically use a lighter, but it can leave a smokey look on the white coaster.  So I used a straw and blew on the resin and that pops the bubbles.  It takes longer, but it works.
4.  I let it sit a minimum of 12 hours.
5.  I printed out the words Mr and Mrs onto transparency film and cut them out with my circle cutter.
6.  I prepared  two more ounces of resin and poured it into each cavity - on top of the white.  I popped the bubbles and then slid the transparency film into the resin.
7.  Using my stir stick, pressed down the transparency film, making sure to press all the bubbles out from under it.   
8.  Pop bubbles and let sit for a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

Mona




3 comments:

Tasha Cain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasha Cain said...

What size (inch) circle do you use?

coasterart rakhee said...

Wow, I really like your post because the information which you given in this blog is really extra ordinary.
wedding coasters