To stay up on the latest, be sure to
I have been asked to make a pizza coaster for a while now. I finally did it!
You will need:
- Polymer clay in tan, red, brown, glow in the dark
- Red acrylic paint
- Round cookie cutter 4-5 inches in diameter
- Small cookie cutter for pepperoni
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix half of the brown package of clay with half of the tan package of clay. Mix well until you get a uniform color.
2. Roll out the clay and cut with the large cookie cutter. This will give you the base of the pizza.
3. With the excess, roll it into a snake and create the crust around the edge. Smooth it all together. You want to make sure you have a lip that will allow the resin to stay in place when you pour it later, so make sure the crust does not have any holes.
4. Roll out the red an use a small round cookie cutter to make the pepperoni.
5. Use a craft knife to shave off small pieces of the glow in the dark clay to create the cheese.
6. Bake all the different clay pieces, according to your clay package directions. Allow to cool.
7. Paint red paint on the crust, to make it look like pizza sauce. Allow to dry.
8. Paint on the Super Gloss Mod Podge generously and then place all the pieces of the pizza in place. I started with the pepperoni and then added the cheese. The Mod Podge works as a glue.
9. Allow to completely dry. You must let it completely dry, or you will end up with a cloudy film, forever.
10. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
11. Pour over the inner part of the pizza and allow to cure. Pop bubbles with your lighter and if you get some that won't release from between the cheese, use a toothpick to help ease the out.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!