Amazon

AD

Friday, September 25, 2015

DIY Horror Coasters The Walking Dead, Michael Myers Halloween, Nosferatu ~ Another Coaster Friday

To stay up on the latest, be sure to 
You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!


We are going all out HORROR!  There is an easy blood spatter coaster and then the others are all layered.  Nosferatu is a classic from the 1920's.  I remember I had to watch it in high school German class.  Halloween and Friday the 13th were the scary movies of my generation!  Now you have The Walking Dead on TV.

Let me know which one you like best:



You can make them too!  You will need:

-  Transparency film - I use a laser printer, but I was told it works fine with transparency film made for inkjet printers too.
-  White pigment for resin
-  Circle cutter (optional)
-  Black acrylic paint

Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:
It's best to watch the video because I show how to do it, but otherwise here is a brief description of the steps.
1.  Select the colors you want for the back grounds.  You need one ounce of resin for the base of each coaster.  Mix your resin according to the package directions and then mix in your colors.  Pour into coaster mold.  Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
2.  Print your images on transparency paper and cut out to fit into the coaster mold.
3.  Once the first layer has set, mix another one ounce of resin for each coaster.  
4.  Add an ounce to the coasters and add your first image.  Press down with a stir stick.  Make sure all of the bubbles are out from under the image and pop with a lighter.
5.  Allow to cure.
6.  I added another layer to the horror coasters.  I had Michael Myers out in front of the house on Halloween.  I had Nosferatu in front of the red treed background.  The Walking Dead zombies are out in front of some creepy trees.  I did that the same way.  I added one ounce to each of the coasters and slid in the final images and pressed it down with my stir stick and popped the bubbles with my lighter.  Allow to cure another 12 hours before unmolding.

That's it!  Thanks for stopping by.  Stay safe and Happy Crafting!

Mona




1 comment:

Chantelle Mercer said...

Michael Myers is my favorite and The Walking Dead is my second favorite! I absolutely love these!