To stay up on the latest, be sure to
It's the last Another Coaster Friday of the season!! Today it's a poinsettia and champagne coasters!
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/1NMHcKZ
Transparency film: http://amzn.to/1TiBTGN
Fiskars circle cutter: http://amzn.to/1NMHmSI
Faux leading: http://amzn.to/1TiDyMF
Red stained glass paint: http://amzn.to/1NMJHgs
Green stained glass paint: http://amzn.to/1NMJV77
Yellow stained glass paint: http://amzn.to/1NMJWYP
Acrylic pearl white paint
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix two ounces of the resin, according to the package directions.
2. Pour one ounce into a mold and pop the bubbles with the lighter.
3. Mix the second one A LOT! You want to mix a ton of bubbles into the resin and pour into another mold. Do not pop the bubbles.
4. Once both have cured, remove the non-bubble one from the mold.
5. Either freehand or find a poinsettia pattern and size it to fit the coaster. Place it under the coaster and using the faux lead, trace it onto the coaster and let dry.
6. In the mean time, print out some champagne glasses, on transparency film. On the backside, paint gold glitter paint where the champagne is. Once dry, paint with a pearl white paint were the glass is. Allow to dry.
7. Once the leading has dried, fill in the flower with the red, green and yellow. Allow to dry.
8. Mix two ounces of resin. Pour one ounce into the one in the mold and take the champagne image and press it down, making sure to press out all the bubbles.
9. Take the other ounce and slowly pour it onto the poinsettia coaster, making sure it doesn't spill over the sides.
10. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
That's it! Now you have two spectacular coasters!
Happy Holidays everyone! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Happy Crafting and stay safe!!