To stay up on the latest, be sure to
It's time for Another Coaster Friday!! This week I picked a present and snowman in the snow ideas out of the fishbowl.
You will need:
- Glitter (chunky purple, fine light blue, fine dark blue, fine silver)
- White, brown, orange and black acrylic paint
- Gold ribbon
- Dremel tool (optional)
Here is the video tutorial:
Directions ~ Present Coaster:
1. Mix two ounces of resin, according to the package directions.
2. Mix in a bunch of chunky purple glitter.
3. Pour into mold. Use a lighter to pop bubbles. Let it cure.
4. Remove from mold.
5. Trim a piece of gold ribbon and glue it onto the present. I used a thin ribbon and glued them next to each other to make a thicker ribbon.
6. Trim off excess ribbon.
7. Lay the coaster on a level surface and mix one ounce of resin. Carefully pour it onto the coaster, making sure it doesn't overflow the top and run down the sides.
8. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
9. Once cured, drill a thin hole in the top of the coaster, behind the ribbon.
10. Tie a bow with your ribbon and take 20 gauge gold wire and loop it around the knot of the ribbon.
11. Twist the wire together, snip it and with glue, insert it into the hole you drilled.
That's it for the present, let's get to the Snowman in the snow coaster.
1. Mix one ounce of resin, according to the package directions.
2. Mix in fine glitter - I used a light blue, a silver and a dark blue.
3. Pour into mold and pop bubbles as needed. Allow to cure.
4. With a thin paint brush and white acrylic paint, paint the snow and snowman. I show you in the video above - it's REALLY EASY!
5. Paint the twig arms, the nose, coal features and the snowflake.
6. Allow the paint to dry and then mix one more ounce of resin.
7. Pour over the image and allow to cure.
That's it! Now you have two very festive coasters for the holidays! Whoohoo!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays! Happy Crafting and stay safe!!