Turn a coaster into artwork! When you aren't using it as a coaster, display it as art!
This week I did a fishbowl coaster.
You will need:
- Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/1OJZb59
- Easy Cast resin: http://amzn.to/1OJZhd6
- Shapecrete: http://amzn.to/1OJZmh2
(Also available at Home Depot)
- Orange, green and black acrylic paint
- Aquarium rocks
Here is the video tutorial:
Directions:1. Mix one ounce of Easy Cast and pour into the coaster mold.
2. Drop in aquarium rocks.
3. Pop the bubbles with your lighter and allow to cure at least 12 hours.
4. Paint on the fish, the weeds and the bubbles and allow to dry.
I also added some glitter paint to the rocks. Allow to dry.
5. Mix another ounce of resin and pour it into the mold. Pop bubbles as needed. Allow to cure. Then unmold.
6. Mix a small amount of Shapecrete. Working on foil, create a shape for the stand.
7. Wrap the coaster in plastic wrap and press it into the Shapecrete.
8. Remove from Shapecrete and allow it to dry.
I thought about painting the base, but I liked the color of the natural concrete, so I left it.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!