Are you ready for some fun, pretty and inspirational room decor? Oh, did I mention easy?!?!?!
You will need:
Dandelion stencil: http://amzn.to/1PiOoOU
Ocean blue paint: http://amzn.to/1WimeJq
Lime sorbet paint: http://amzn.to/1WimisD
White paint: http://amzn.to/1PiOCW4
Stencil brushes: http://amzn.to/1Pyb91L
Easy Cast resin: http://amzn.to/1U2Vyeo
Metal dragonfly: I found mine at Hobby Lobby
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the canvas. I used the green and the top and did it in streaks, with the white paint streaked to break it up. I went about halfway down the canvas.
2. Then, I took both the green and the blue on my brush and did a few streaks to blend them together.
3. Then, I took the blue and white and did streaks down to the bottom. While you are painting, remember to also paint the sides.
4. Allow to dry.
5. Tape the stencil to the canvas and stencil with the white paint. Allow to dry.
6. Once dry, mix four ounces of the resin, according to the package directions.
7. Pour it over the canvas and use a disposable sponge brush to move it over the canvas and to the edges.
8. Take your lighter and pop the bubbles.
9. Take the metal dragonfly and place it onto the wet resin. Drip extra resin around (not on) the dragonfly.
10. Go back a couple of times to pop any additional bubbles.
11. Let it cure a minimum of 12 hours before handling.
That's it! Now you have a fresh and inspiring piece of artwork to brighten your room decor!
Be sure to check out these resin artwork pieces I have done in the past:
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!