I'm a sucker for all things glow in the dark. I decided to do glow in the dark coasters!
You will need:
Glow in the dark powder: http://amzn.to/1ThUaWP
Glow in the dark paint: http://amzn.to/1oeHwMl
Cookie cutters: http://amzn.to/1ThUtAW
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix Shapecrete, according to the package directions. I used four parts Shapecrete to 1/2 cup water.
2. Working on a silicone mat, or aluminum foil and put a clump onto it and flatten it out.
3. Cut it out with the large circle cookie cutter. Remove the excess from outside the cookie cutter. TIP: I like to use a skewer stick to remove any additional excess, before removing the cookie cutter.
4. Use the back of a paint brush and make indents. Remove cookie cutter.
5. Repeat with three more times.
6. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to dry.
7. Paint the concrete with glow in the dark paint and allow to dry.
8. Line the back of the coasters with packing tape, incase there are any cracks, or you pressed through the concrete
9. Mix one ounce of resin, according to the package directions.
10. Mix in glow in the dark powder.
11. Drip into the indents on the coasters.
12. Pop bubbles with lighter. Allow to cure at least 12 hours.
13. Remove packing tape and you have some great coasters!
Now turn off the lights! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and Stay Safe!