Are you ready for a super cute room decor owl?
You will need:
Owl mold: http://amzn.to/1PCamN8
Easy cast resin: http://amzn.to/23b4cNO
Pink pigment: http://amzn.to/23b4kgt
White pigment: http://amzn.to/23b4p3L
Green pigment: http://amzn.to/23b4xA5
Yellow pigment: http://amzn.to/1PCaNXT
Black pigment: http://amzn.to/1ZIm7fL
White acrylic paint
Green acrylic paint
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take a tiny bit of white acrylic paint and put a highlight dot on each eye. Let it dry.
2. Mix an ounce or two of resin, according to the package directions.
3. Split it into three cups. Mix white into one, black into another and yellow into the third.
4. Pour the yellow into the beak, the black in the eye pupils and the white in the rings around the eyes.
5. Pop bubbles with your lighter and allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
6. Mix more resin and mix in some green. Pour it into the area around the eyes.
7. With a paint brush or skewer stick, use green acrylic paint to put polka dots on the raised area. Allow to dry.
8. Mix 4-6 ounces of resin and mix in pink and white pigment. Pour into mold, pop bubbles and allow to cure.
9. Once cured at least 12 hours, take a piece of wire, bend it into a horse shoe and bend it so it sticks up.
10. Use a quick drying glue to tack it into place.
11. Once the glue has dried, mix another 2-3 ounces and add pink and white pigment and pour into mold. This should embed the wire hanger you just made. Pop bubbles and allow to cure at least 12 hours before unmolding.
That's it! Pull it out and hang it up! You can customize the colors to fit any decor!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!