It's snowing here as I write this....in late March....so I definitely need a little sunshine in my life! These sun coasters brighten up my house just enough!
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/1XQ9CJP
Construction paper: http://amzn.to/22y3zAk
Pigment powder: http://amzn.to/1o8XzLn
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix two ounces of resin, according to the package directions and separate into two cups.
2. In one cup, mix yellow pigment powder and a little bit of red pigment powder. You should end up with a nice orange.
3. In the other cup, mix a bunch of fine yellow glitter.
4. Pour them into the coaster mold cavities.
5. Pop the bubbles with a lighter and allow to cure at least 12 hours.
6. After 12 hours, unmold them and set them aside.
7. Trace the coaster on a piece of paper and draw a template for the sun's rays. They can be as long or short as you want. Trace the template onto the a piece of yellow construction paper and orange construction paper. Then cut them out.
8. Mix two more ounces of resin and separate into two cups. In the first cup add the yellow glitter. In the second cup add the yellow and red pigments.
9. Working on parchment paper, pour some of the yellow glitter resin onto the yellow construction paper cut out and spread it around. Flip it over and cover with remaining resin and spread it out. Make sure it is completely covered.
10. Take the yellow coaster and press it onto the resin covered construction paper.
11. Take your lighter and carefully pop the bubbles.
12. Repeat with the orange resin and coaster.
13. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
14. Peel it off the parchment paper.
15. Using OLD scissors...not your good scissors...cut the excess resin from around the sun rays.
TIP: At around 12 hours, the resin is still pliable. If you wait too long, you won't be able to cut it with scissors.
That's it! Now you have some bright, sun shiny coasters!!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!