Ready for some breakfast? How about some eggs? Okay, so you aren't going to eat them, but they would sure look good holding your glass of orange juice in the morning!!
You will need:
Silly Putty: http://amzn.to/1Uw15Oc
Yellow pigment: http://amzn.to/1SCQaPa
Yellow pigment: http://amzn.to/1ROkGT4
Orange pigment: http://amzn.to/1MXtqVQ
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix one ounce of resin and add the yellow pigments, with just a touch of the orange. Mix well.
2. Pour into the molds you will be using for the yolk.
3. Pop bubbles with your lighter and allow to cure at least 12 hours.
4. Unmold the yolks.
5. Roll Silly Putty into a snake and on parchment paper, shape it into an outline of an egg.
6. Mix three ounces of resin and add white pigment. Mix well.
7. Pour into the molds you made and use your lighter to pop any bubbles. Allow to cure at least 12 hours.
8. Remove the Silly Putty.
9. Mix more resin. I mixed three ounces, but I think I could have gotten away with less.
10. Pour a little on each egg and use a paint brush to spread it all over the eggs. Add more as needed. This layer adds to the realism.
11. Pop bubbles with lighter and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
That's it! Now you have some great coasters and that's no yolk!!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!