Today I am doing a collab with one of my favorite YouTubers, Jenny Chan, from Origami Tree! You can find her channel HERE! Be sure to subscribe while you are there!
We each set out to do crayon crafts!!
I made a Crayon Shavings Paperweight:
Jenny did origami crayons:
Here is what you will need to make the paperweight:
- Paperweight mold: http://amzn.to/1YKx4ce
- Resin: http://amzn.to/1U50UXm
- Crayon shavings: http://amzn.to/1qA8VZY
Here is the video tutorial:
1. I started by mixing half ounce of resin, according to the package directions. Then, I popped the bubbles with my lighter.
2. I poured it into the mold and added crayon shavings.
3. I let it cure for a minimum of a couple of hours.
4. I continued making layers of resin with crayon shavings, until the mold was full, while letting it cure somewhat between the layers.
5. After you get all the layers in place, allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
TIP: If you cannot get the resin out of the mold, you can pop it into the freezer for about 10 minutes or so and that should help!
That's it! Now you have a paperweight.
Be sure to check out Jenny's cute Origami Crayon!
Here are the projects from the last time we collabed!
Thank you for stopping by! Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter! Stay safe!