Time for a Sock Monkey coaster! The sock monkey, boy is that a classic! I decided it would only make sense to give the cute sock monkey stickers a fitting background, so I cut up some old socks.
You will need:
- Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/1VbPp2P
- Resin: http://amzn.to/1RbGvv2
- Sock Monkey stickers: http://amzn.to/1TskzSn
- Old socks: in your sock drawer
Here is the video tutorial:
1. You want to cut old socks into small pieces.
2. Mix one ounce of resin at a time. I did two one ounce batches, because I am dipping the sock pieces into the resin and I didn't want fuzz from one color sock to get on the other color sock.
3. I laid the pieces of dipped sock into the coaster mold.
4. I then added another half ounce to each, so the surface would be level for the stickers. I took my lighter and popped the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
5. I put my stickers on the cured resin and mixed two more ounces.
6. I poured the resin over the stickers, popped the bubbles with my lighter and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
That's it! No unmold it and you have some classic craft coasters!
Thanks for stopping by! Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!TM Stay safe!