I am feeling a bit of a fish obsession, so I thought I would make some. Be warned, I may have more in the future!
I have had my eye on a saw, for a few years, that is great for the hobbyist/crafter. When Greg asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I thought now is the time!! So we picked one up and I think I'm in love!
You will need:
- Saw - this is the one I have: http://amzn.to/1UHYTOE
- Paint - I used acrylic in pink, purple and blue
- Googly eyes
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Draw a fish onto a piece of paper and cut it out as a template. Or just freehand it on the wood.
2. Trace the fish onto the wood.
3. Cut it out with the saw.
4. Sand the edges.
6. Freehand the spots and lines, or use stencils.
7. Glue on googly eyes.
I think this would be a great project to do with the kids. Of course and adult would cut out the wood beforehand and then the kids can have a ball decorating them!
Thanks for stopping by. Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!