I have been asked to make a dandelion paperweight for several years. I never did it because, to be honest, I was a little intimidated. When asked again, I promised if I found a perfect dandelion, I would jump in and do it this year. Turns out, it's remarkably easy!
You will need:
Ice molds: http://amzn.to/1tal0Hq
Dandelions - you'll have to go outside and pick your own
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix three ounces of resin, according to the package directions.
2. Pour the resin into the molds. Let it sit for a few minutes and then take a lighter and pop the bubbles.
3. Take your dandelion puff and holding by the stem, slowly press it into the resin.
4. Take two popsicle sticks and use them to hold the stem straight.
5. Allow to cure.
6. Snip off the stems as close to the resin as possible.
7. Mix a little more resin and top it off, making sure the stems are embedded.
8. Allow to cure.
9. Once cured, unmold them.
That's it! No you have a beautiful paperweight! And so easy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter. Stay Safe!