Yay! It's Friday again! Today we are making sun catcher coasters.
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/28TibDQ
Tissue paper: http://amzn.to/28ZhQgD
India ink: http://amzn.to/28ZhQgJ
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix four ounces of resin, according to the package directions.
2. For the flower coaster, cut five petals out of tissue paper and a middle circle in a different color.
3. Pour approximately one ounce of resin into the mold.
4. Place the petals and middle into the resin and gently press down with your stir stick. Use your lighter to pop the bubbles.
5. Pour one ounce of resin into a cup and add pieces of stained glass.
6. Place the pieces into the coaster mold. If needed, add more resin to the mold to level off the coaster. Pop bubbles with lighter.
7. Lastly, pour remaining resin into four small cups. Add different colors of india ink. I used red, yellow, blue and white. Mix well.
8. Pour all the colors into the mold and mix them a little, to give it a swirly pattern. Pop bubbles with lighter.
Allow them to cure for at least 12 hours before unmolding.
That's it! Here's a tip: Use vibrant tissue paper for the flower. Lighter tissue paper turns almost transparent.
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter! Stay safe!