Amazon

AD

Monday, July 18, 2016

DIY Easy Pesto Sauce ~ Harvesting Basil ~ Craft Klatch How To





You can click right HERE!  
Like my FACEBOOK page HERE!

Support Craft Klatch get Perks! 


I LOVE Basil!   I mean I really love it!  I love it in salads, in pesto, in a drink, as a garnish and I love it in the garden.  It has a nice look and a wonderful aroma!  I’ll pick a leaf, crush it and drop it in a margarita.  Or I’ll be walking by and I’ll pick one and crush the least just so I can smell it.  I have a bumper crop of basil this year, which is great because the last couple of years have been pretty disappointing.

I decided it’s time to harvest some of the basil. I have two pots and they are thriving.  I have picked some here and there, but I’m cutting them down by half because it’s time to make some PESTO!




You will need:
Helpful items:


Here is the video tutorial:





Directions:

1.  Add the basil to your food processor.  
2.  Add a tablespoon of the olive oil and blend to a paste.
3.  Slowly add pine nuts.
4.  Add minced garlic
FYI:  If you don’t want to mince or chop the garlic, just throw the whole piece in and it’ll chop up just fine in the food processor.
5.  Add parmesan cheese.
6.  Add the chili powder.
7.  Add the remaining olive oil and blend it until everything is chopped up and smooth.


That’s it!  Make a bunch and you can freeze it and have pesto all year round!

It's a recipe that can be served warm as a meal, or mix it up and put it in the fridge as a salad and it can be made a day in advance!  Whoohoo!

The amount of pesto made is enough to add to two boxes of bowtie pasta - depending on how saucy you like it.  

Recipe:
  • Prepare two boxes of bowtie pasta.
  • Once cooked, rinse pasta in cold water and drain.
  • Put it back in the pot and mix in pesto sauce.  If you want it as a salad, put it in a container and refrigerate until you are ready to use.  For a meal, mix in the pesto and heat on a low heat, just until hot.  As a meal, this would pair well with some garlic bread!

Troubleshooting:

1.  If the flavor is too strong:  If the basil or garlic is overpowering, mellow the flavor by heating on the stove..  It’ll be perfect!
2.  If the sauce is too oily, add basil.
3.  If you want it creamier, add more cheese, or more nuts.

That’s it!  Thank you for stopping by!  Remember:  Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter™  Stay safe!  Go make some pesto!

Mona

1 comment:

Barb said...

This sounds great! Going to try it.