Here is my last holiday craft of the season!!! What says Christmas more than an ugly sweater?
You will need:
- Wood - I used 1/8" birch plywood from the craft store (or cork, if you'd rather make a cork version)
- Saw for wood or scissors for cork
- Green paint
- Red paint
- White paint
- Black paint
- Orange paint
- Gold paint
- Purple paint
- Satin Mod Podge
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Cut out wood, or cork in the shape of a sweater.
2. I painted one red and one green and then did the trim in the other color. Expect to do two coats.
3. When I painted the trim, I took a skewer stick and scraped into the paint, to give it the ribbing effect.
4. Once dry, I painted a snow man on the green one, with snow falling. I show you how I painted it in the video.
5. On the red sweater, I painted a Christmas tree with presents underneath. I also show you how in the video. If you don't want to paint, you can always use stickers or decoupage images onto it.
6. Once everything is dry, you need to seal it. You can seal it with anything, but I used the satin Mod Podge.
That's it! Easy and fun!! It's a perfect kid's craft!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year, Happy Everything!