Here's another Valentine's Day craft to make your home more festive and it's a functional craft idea because they are drink coasters!
You will need:
Wood hearts: I found them at Michaels
Fine red glitter: http://amzn.to/2kwYDuF
Packing tape: http://amzn.to/2kWzAlx
Metallic rose paint: http://amzn.to/2k0ixuS
Metallic silver paint: http://amzn.to/2jI1AV8
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the wood hearts silver and pink. It will take at least two coats.
2. Once dry, use packing tape and tape it to the back of the hearts. Make sure there is a good seal with the heart and the tape, so the resin will not seep out.
3. Mix a half an ounce of resin with fine red glitter and using your stir stick, drip it into the openings of the hearts.
4. Once full, take your lighter and pop the bubbles.
5. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
6. Once cured, you can remove the tape off the back of the coasters.
7. The tape I used did not leave any sticky residue. If yours does, you can either paint a thin coat of resin over it, or you can use clear nail polish or other clear sealer.
That's it! Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!